This may be applicable to your course design projects. Applications should be sent to sara.faircloth.
Last week I informed you about an application I am filing for $1000 to support a service learning project that will culminate on Global Youth Services Day, April 23-25. Several people expressed an interest. If you are interested please send me the following information.
Deadline for submitting information to me is 5 p.m. November 4.
This is what I need from you for consideration.
- A one paragraph write up of what the project will include.
- What community issue will be addressed;
- how many students will be involved;
- how many service learning hours you will produce;
- will you require the end cycle reflection paper from the students;
- will any student research result
- What class will the project be tied to
- Will there be any collaborators on the project
- A budget for up to $1000
I have just given you the amount of information I have about the grant. The purpose is to encourage faculty/teaching staff to use service learning as a part of their teaching method. This is not a complicated grant, so requires fairly basic details.