I have put together this tutorial, which I hope will guide you through the process of making a username and posting to the ICBG blog.
Get a username
- Go to https://en.wordpress.com/signup/
- Fill in the boxes with a username, password and email address
- Click the “Just a username, please.” option at the bottom of the form
- Click Next
- Check your email for an email from wordpress.com – click on the link in that email to complete the registration process.
- Go to http://wordpress.com and login (using your new username and password)
- If we’ve done everything right on our end when you go to http://dashboard.wordpress.com/wp-admin/index.php?page=my-blogs, you should see the Innovative Course Building Group blog in your list of blogs. If it isn’t there, please send me (email@example.com) a quick email with the email address you used to register and I’ll add you.
- If the Innovative Course Building Group is listed in your blog list then you are ready to start posting.
A little about blogging at wordpress
The blog has two faces, which each have different functions:
- https://icbg.wordpress.com – go here when you want to read blog posts and make comments on them
- https://icbg.wordpress.com/wp-admin – go here when you want to be able to make a new post. This link takes you to the command center of the blog. There are many options, but don’t worry you only need to use one!
Posting & Commenting
On the blog, each new entry is called a post. A post is submitted by an author (possibly you). Others can comment on that post by typing in the comment box. Those comments are automatically added to the post. This way the blog can be used for discussion.
Starting a new post is easy. Just go to Posts > Add New from the dashboard OR use the New Post link in the gray admin bar shown at the top of WordPress.com pages while you are logged in. Once you’ve finished adding your text to the box, click the “publish” button to add it to the blog.
Feel free to experiment – you can get pretty fancy by adding images, movies, etc.