Students will identify and utilize facilitation methods in conducting a public deliberation session among their peers.
Students will create an “electronic poster-web page” to illustrate three approaches used to facilitate a discussion of a public policy issue.
The electronic poster will be used to assess the following:
- Content knowledge and understanding of the policy issue. (Knowledge)
- Clear writing and framing the issues in preparation for discussion. (Comprehension)
- Facilitating a deliberate dialogue by using the chosen approaches. (Application)
- Analyzing the potential strategic solutions that evolved from the discussion. (Analysis)
- Summarizing the discussion through active listening and synthesizing. (Synthesis)
- Evaluating the session by using a specific debriefing process with the participants. (Evaluation)