Homework will be due the Wednesday before the next meeting.
DUE DATE: Weds, October 26th.
Workshop Handouts – for your reference
- 01-IntroActivity – the activity where we moved from social issues stations to pedagogical approach stations.
- ChalkTalk – explanation of the chalk talk activity we did at the end of the workshop.
- UbDIC-bG – a brief description of backward design.
Homework #1: Introduction and Picking Courses
- Decide which course/module you will use as the focus of your work in the workshops. Will you use a social or civic topic?
- Post an introduction of yourself and the course you plan to work with on the blog. Please try to do this by Friday October 14th, so that people have a chance to comment.
- Post comments. Read the postings of members of our group. Comment on at least two other member’s postings. You can also use the blog as a forum to potentially link up with another participant to do a joint project, team teach or some other meaningful pairing. If someone posts a course you might be able to collaborate with, let them know.
- Reflect on the activities we did on Friday. How might you use any of the strategies we modeled today in your teaching? Do you have ideas for modifications? Was your TPI score reflected in the choices you made?
- Read the handout. This source provides a brief overview of the principles of backward design and why it is a good idea to “focus on the goal” before you design the course.
- Complete the “Dreaming of Faculty Development” survey (on paper or online).
Next IC-BG workshop: October 28th, 2011*
If you would like to be added to our google calendar, let me (Kim) know.