Intrigued? Take our Quiz …
- Do you ever think that your academic freedom has been eaten by your dog?
- Polar ice caps — your work environment — same difference ?
- Have zombie’s eaten the brains of your students? Your colleagues?
- Did the last warm acknowledgement for your efforts come from your cat?
- Do you feel that Mil Mascaras has nothing on you when it comes to pretense?
- Would you like fries with that Bachelors Degree?
Still Intrigued? …
The attached commentary chronicles the (mis)adventures of Gary Rhodes as general secretary for AAUP. In this piece he does a good job summarizing the many challenges we face as faculty in institutions of higher education. Given these pressures, how do we maintain the authentic relationships with our students and peers that drew us to this work?
If you want an answer to any of these questions OR just want a pre-thanksgiving distraction ….
Join the Innovative Course-building Group for a stimulating discussion
November 20th at 3pm in Herty 304.
Modest snacks and appropriate beverages provided –
bring a snack! bring a friend!
What else? …
The IC-bG is planning a December social, a course-building workshop series for spring and a "learning to love the politics" book circle. Details coming soon!
|The Innovative Course-building Group|