On 9/8/14 2:42 PM, “Diana Sturges” <email@example.com> wrote:
I invite you to submit a proposal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning Commons Conference (SoTL Commons) hosted by the Center for Teaching at Technology at Georgia Southern University. The conference brings together people engaging in SoTL and anyone wanting to improve student learning outcomes in higher education today. The conference epitomizes that college teaching is intellectual work that is enhanced both by disciplinary scholarship and the scholarship on teaching the disciplines (SoTL).
The 8th SoTL Commons Conference will be held in Savannah, Georgia, United States, March 25 – 27, 2015.
The conference¹s venue, Coastal Georgia Center, is located within walking distance to the historic downtown, the City Market and River Street. Come enjoy Savannah when it is most beautiful – in the spring, as azaleas and dogwoods bloom and the temperatures stay comfortable in the low 70s. The city offers activities for everyone to enjoy: shopping, dining, boat cruises and horse carriage tours and was voted the second friendliest city in US by Conde Nast Traveler’s Annual Readers’ Choice Survey. Proposal submission opens September 8, 2014 and will close November 15, 2014 and is available at http://digitalcommons.georgiasouthern.edu/sotlcommons/
The conference will include several tracks: teaching with technology; online learning; assessment of student learning; academic and professional development; learning theories and pedagogy and student led SoTL research.
You can find more information about the conference on
- the conference website http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ce/conferences/sotlcommons/
- Twitter:https://twitter.com/sotlcommons To register for the conference, go to http://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ce/conferences/sotlcommons/sotlregistration
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact
Dr. Diana Sturges
search this site:
- My Tweets
- “The Case for Inclusive Teaching” – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- End-of-Semester Reflection Potluck
- New Issue of Liberal Education on Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Certificate in Course Design for Essential Learning, Registration Open!
- NCSCE Accepting Pilot Project Proposals to Connect Indigenous and Western Knowledge