[This post is for our 2015-2016 class of IC-bG participants – but some of you veterans might find it useful, too]
The ability to post to the IC-bG blog requires a wordpress account. If you don’t have one, you first need to follow these steps to set yours up …
Make a WordPress Account (if you have one skip this part)
- Go to https://wordpress.com/start/account/user
- Put in your email, username and preferred password.
- Click the button in the email you receive to verify your email address.
To join the IC-bG blog as an author:
- Find the email sent to you from Innovative Course-Building Group <firstname.lastname@example.org>. If you did not receive this email, contact us and we will send you a new invitation.
- Click the “Accept Invitation” button, which will take you to the wordpress login
- Use your credentials to login
- Celebrate your new status as an IC-bGer by making a post.
Some helpful information about using the blog …
- To receive emails when new content is posted to the blog: point your browser to icbg.wordpress.com and click the “Sign Me Up!” button on the top right of the page. This will keep you from missing important announcements.
- If you prefer facebook – all of our blog posts are also posted on our facebook page.
- You will occasionally need to make posts to the blog. Don’t sweat this is super easy! Just point your browser to icbg.wordpress.com and look for this symbol on the top right of the screen. Click that button and the post editor comes up. The software will automatically save your work as a draft if you lose your internet connection.
- WordPress has a great support site at support.wordpress.com – most of your questions will easily be answered there BUT if you can’t figure it out please ask Caralyn or Julia – we are happy to help!!!
- If you want to set up your own blog, lynda.com has several good tutorials. Georgia College faculty and students can get free access at lynda.gcsu.edu (requires your unify password)