Dr. Edward Mercado, our incoming Newell Scholar, invites you to join him in a book discussion group focusing on Make it Stick: The Science of Successful Learning, by Brown, Roediger III, and McDaniel. The book provides an introduction to recent cognitive science research on how people learn, and what teaching techniques best contribute to student learning based on that research. You can find excerpts from the book at Make It Stick. . All members of the group will receive a copy of the book through the Center for Faculty Development. If you are interested in joining this discussion group, please contact Dr. Mercado at email@example.com. Once the group is formed, the group members will identify when, how often, and where they will meet.
search this site:
- My Tweets
- “The Case for Inclusive Teaching” – The Chronicle of Higher Education
- End-of-Semester Reflection Potluck
- New Issue of Liberal Education on Creating Inclusive Classrooms
- Certificate in Course Design for Essential Learning, Registration Open!
- NCSCE Accepting Pilot Project Proposals to Connect Indigenous and Western Knowledge