Promoting and Sustaining a Culture of Undergraduate Research among Chemistry Majorsby Julia Metzker, Chavonda Mills, & Rosalie Richards
Building Learning Experiences That Matter: Using Civic Issues to Engage Students in Your Course ContentBy Julia Metzker, CaralynZehnder, & Kimberly Cossey
Resources for Course Design
- McTighe, J. & Wiggins, G. The Understanding by Design Professional Development Workbook (2004).
- Designing Effective and Innovative Courses Tutorial (html)
- SENCER Model Courses (html)
Setting Goals / Writing Outcomes
- Bloom’s Taxonomy (html)
- A model of Learning Objectives – intersection of the Cognitive Process Dimension and the Knowledge Dimension (html) (pdf)
- L. B. Nilson, The graphic syllabus and the outcomes map: Communicating your course (2007).
- Jigsaw (html)
- Think-Pair-Share (html)
- Chalk Talk (html)
- Anticipation Guide (html)
- National Center for Case Study Teaching in Science (html)
- Problem-Based Learning Clearinghouse @ U. Delaware (html)
- Reacting to the Past (html)
- Student Assessment of Learning Gains (SALG) Survey (html)
- AAC&U Value Rubrics (html)
- Field-tested Learning Assessment Guide (html)
Angelo, T. A. & Cross, K. P. Classroom Assessment Techniques: A Handbook for College Teachers. (1993).
Teaching Goals Inventory from Angelo & Cross (html)